Two young scientists from IICT-BAS are laureates of the „John Atanasoff Award“ for 2017
Dr. Kristina Kapanova (Department of Parallel Algorithms) and Dr. Stanislav Harizanov (Department of Scientific Computations) have been awarded by a Diploma „John Atanasoff Award“.
Seventh International Conference on Finite Difference Methods: Theory and Applications, FDM 2018
- June 11-16, 2018, Lozenetz, Bulgaria..
The conference is organized by Division of Numerical Analysis and Statistics, University of Rousse, Rousse, in cooperation with
Department of Parallel Algorithms, Institute of Information and Communication Technologies, BAS, Sofia.
The main tracks of the conference are planned to be:
- Validation of finite difference methods for solving problems of mathematical physics;
- Combined finite difference and finite element methods;
- Iterative methods and parallel algorithms for solving grid equations;
- Finite difference methods for nonlinear problems;
- Inverse problems and problems of control;
- Finite difference methods in fluid and continuum mechanics;
- Numerical methods in stochastics;
- Applications of difference methods to engineering problems, biology, economics, etc.
CSC Summer School in High-Performance Computing
- June 27 - July 5, 2017, Espoo, Finland.
The 8th CSC Summer School brings together undergraduate and graduate students and postdoctoral researchers in different disciplines of scientific computing from all over the world. The contents consist of lectures and hands-on training on parallel programming, code optimization and other necessary skills in development of scientific software
The following topics will be covered:
- Fortran 95/2003 and C programming languages in scientific programming
- Basics of parallel programming using the message-passing (MPI) and threading (OpenMP) paradigms
- Efficient input/output using parallel I/O
- More advanced topics in MPI
- Hybrid parallel programming combining MPI, OpenMP
- High-performance tools for analyzing and visualizing large datasets
- Building real-world HPC application suites
Read more at
Graz Summer School on Applications of Quasi-Monte Carlo methods, June 12 - 14, 2017, Graz, Austria
February 21, 2012 - Intensive course on Advanced Monte Carlo methods - computational challengies - Prof. Ivan Dimov, IICT-BAS, Department of Parallel Algorithms - Abstract
- Forth lecture - second part
- Tutorial - first part
- Tutorial - second part
- Information about "the Buffon's needle"
- Executable file to demonstrate experiments with "the Buffon's needle"
- Demonstration of "a quick sort" algorithm
SEVENTH SUMMER SCHOOL ON SENSITIVITY ANALYSIS
- July 3 - 6, 2012, Ispra, Italy
The school illustrates the motivations to conduct sensitivity analysis and offers
an accessible treatment to the techniques used in global sensitivity analysis.
The program begins with the first principles of sensitivity analysis and guides the student
through the full range of recommended practices with exercises and application
Candidatures to the school have to be sent to sensitivity-analysis at jrc.ec.europa.eu by 15 February 2012.
The school can accomodate up to 25 participants. The evaluation of candidates will be done in March.
Successful candidates will be informed not later than April 2nd.
The instructors are Andrea Saltelli (JRC), William Becker (JRC), Stefano Tarantola (JRC), Bertrand Iooss (EDF, France),
Emanuele Borgonovo (Bocconi University) and Sergei Kucherenko (Imperial College London).
The tariff will be approximately 550€ and includes four nights accommodation with breakfast, 4 lunches, 7 coffee breaks.
The draft program is available through this link: