2nd Workshop on "Large-Scale Scientific Computations"
Svetozar D. Margenov
and Panayot S. Vassilevski
Central Laboratory on Parallel Processing (CLPP)
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS)
Acad. G. Bontchev Str., Block 25 A
1113 Sofia, BULGARIA
Division of Numerical Analysis and Statistics (DNAS)
University of Rouse
7017 Rouse, BULGARIA
in cooperation with
SIAM Activity Group on Supercomputing
Dedicated to the 65th birthday of Owe Axelsson.
The Central Laboratory on Parallel Processing,
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS)
in cooperation with the Division of Numerical Analysis and Statistics,
University of Rousse (UR) is organizing the second workshop on
"LARGE-SCALE SCIENTIFIC COMPUTATIONS" which becomes a traditional
event that take place every second year.
The workshop is scheduled for June 2-6, 1999;
arrival on June 1, and departure after midday on June 6.
The workshop will be held at the Conference Center of BULBANK in Sozopol, a picturesque town on the Black Sea
coast, 36 km south of Bourgas
(the nearest international airport). More details about Sozopol could
be found in the WWW-sites of the workshop.
Plenary and invited speakers
- Owe Axelsson, KUN, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- Dario Bini, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
- Claude Brezinski, University of Science and Technology, Lille, France
- Michael Griebel, University of Bonn, Germany
- Raytcho Lazarov, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, USA
- Robert Plemmons, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC, USA
- Eugene Tyrtyshnikov, INM, RAS, Moscow, Russia
- Zahary Zlatev, National Environmental Research Institute, Denmark
- "High performance methods and algorithms for flow simulation in
porous media" by Raytcho Lazarov and Joseph Pasciak, TA&MU,
College Station, TX, USA
- "Large-scale computations in air pollution modelling" by
Zahary Zlatev, NERI, Denmark and
Krassimir Georgiev, CLPP, BAS, Bulgaria
- "High performance computing in geosciences" by Owe Axelsson,
KUN, Nijmegen, The Netherlands and Radim Blaheta, IGAS, Ostrava, Czech Republic
- "Computations in image processing" by Robert Plemmons,
Wake Forest University, NC, USA
- "Structured matrix computations" by
Dario Bini, University of Pisa, Italy and Eugene Tyrtyshnikov,
Institute of Numerical Mathematics, RAS, Russia
- "Matrices with sparsity structure" by Marcin Paprzycki, University
of Southern Mississippi, MS, USA and Plamen Yalamov, University of Rousse,
- "Molecular modeling by high performance computational techniques"
by Jerzy R. Leszczynski, Jackson State University, MS, USA
- "Large-scale computations for mechanical engineering problems"
by Oleg Iliev, IMI-BAS, Bulgaria and Michael Schäfer, DUT, Darmstadt, Germany
The lectures begin on June 2 morning. Therefore the arrival date is
June 1. The lectures will continue till noon, June 6. The detailed
schedule of the talks will be announced in the WWW-sites of the
workshop not later than May 10.
There will be arranged transportation for the participants of the workshop.
If you inform us in advance about your precise arrival time (flight number)
at Bourgas Airport or Bourgas Railway/Bus Station, we will provide a special
transportation to the conference place in Sozopol.
Alternatively, you can use the regular busses Bourgas-Sozopol.
- Non-students: 230 USD
- Students: 120 USD
- Accompanying persons: 80 USD
The registration fee can be transfered to the following bank
BRANCH: SLATINA - 66076477
BANK: COMMERCIAL BANK BIOCHIM
TOWN: SOFIA 1000
SWIFT code: CBBIBGSF
Indicate: CLPP-BAS; Workshop on Large-Scale Scientific
Please take into consideration that the registration
fee is assumed free of all bank transfer charges. For quicker and
cheaper transfers you can use the SWIFT code.
The workshop participants will be offered a full board and accommodation
under the following conditions:
- single room: USD 210
- double room: USD 160
These accommodation fees cover: full board for the whole duration of the
workshop (arrival date June 1 beginning with a dinner and departure date
June 6 ending up with a lunch).
The late Conference Registration Fee and the Accommodation Fee are payable
at the Registration Desk in US $ (cash).
So far, we are not able to accept credit cards
or checks. Moreover, please note that all Bulgarian banks and change offices,
accept only clean, undamaged (and crispy) notes and we, at the
registration desk, must do so as well.
The social program includes welcome party, conference dinner,
and excursion to the picturesque historical town of Nessebar. All events of the social program are
free of additional charge. For more details about the town of Nessebar
see the WWW-sites.
- Mrs. Silvia Grozdanova,
- Address: CLPP-BAS, "Acad. G. Bontchev" street, Block 25A,
- BG-1113, Sofia, Bulgaria;
- FAX: (-359-2)-722-349; E-mail: email@example.com
Please, return this form ASAP by May 7, 1999.
An e-mail containing the above information is also acceptable.
| ACCOMMODATION FORM|
|I would like to be accommodated in:
|Payment of the conference fee:
receipt for $ ......transfer to the Conference bank account is
I will pay cash at the Conference registration desk.